Partners Health Care Training & Employment Program
Get a job with Partners HealthCare
Are you interested in a medical admin career, but don't have money
Have you tried to get a job with Partners HealthCare, but
haven't had any luck?
If so, the Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) Health Care Program may be for you!
Next info session Wednesday, March 15th, 1 p.m.
- Call us at 617-661-7867 ext. 0 to sign up!
The PCWD is a FREE full-time 8-week training & employment program that prepares you for entry-level clerical jobs in various departments in a Partners HealthCare facility.
Graduates of this program have landed jobs such as Office Assistant, Unit Coordinator, Patient Service Coordinator, Laboratory Aide, Operating Room Assistant, and more.
- 4 weeks classroom instruction & 4 weeks internship at a medical facility
- Introduction to the healthcare environment, and to Partners HealthCare
- Medical terminology
- Office computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Professional image development
- Financial literacy education
- Job search skills and career counseling
- Placement assistance
- Support services during program and after job placement
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year continuous work experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and reference check (4 references)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to attend full-time (8 1/2 hr./day) training for 8 weeks
- Not a current employee of Partners HealthCare
- Ability to pass reading, writing and Microsoft Word skill assessments